2000trees Festival 2016 2ND BANDS ANNOUNCEMENT!
FESTIVAL CELEBRATING ITS 10TH YEAR IN 2016, WITH BIGGEST LINE UP/EVENT TO DATE!
THERE WILL BE OVER 100 BANDS/ACTS ANNOUNCED FOR 2016 EVENT
– Bands announced today include Neck Deep, Lonely The Brave, The King Blues, The Bronx, Basement and many more
– 2016 headliners are Twin Atlantic and Refused
– First band announcement was with the Radio 1 Rock Show on January 31st
Following on from the exclusive headliner and first band/line-up announcements on the Radio 1 Rock Show with Daniel P Carter (Sunday Jan 31st), 2000trees Festival is today (March 16th) pleased to announce its 2nd wave of bands for the huge 2016 event.
2000tree Festival BANDS ANNOUNCED TODAY – MARCH 16TH:
The King Blues
Lonely The Brave
We Were Promised Jetpacks
Press To Meco
The Ghost Riders In The Sky
and Happy Accidents#
These awesome bands will join 2000trees Festival 2016 headliners
Twin Atlantic and Refused, as well as – (all already announced)
Moose Blood, WSTR, While She Sleeps, Palm Reader, The Smith Street Band, Max Raptor, Blood Youth, Kagoule, Trash Boat, Beasts, Black Foxxes, Muncie Girls, Tigercub, Bellevue Days and Jim Lockey
Having toured the globe almost non-stop since the release of UK and US top 10 charting album, ‘Life’s Not Out To Get You’, back in August 2015, Wrexhams favourite son’s and pop punk royalty NECK DEEP can now be announced on the 2000trees Festival line up. Expect modern day anthems, non stop smiles and the best time ever. “Really looking forward to 2000trees Festival. There are some great bands on the lineup that are sure to make it a fun time. There is something really special about British festivals for us and I can’t wait to get on that stage!” – Fil from NECK DEEP
Fresh off their reunion tour with Enter Shikari and now with critically acclaimed new EP ‘Off With Their Heads’ just released, THE KING BLUES are well and truly back, and ready to lay waste to 2000trees Festival once again, having played way back in 2008!
LA legends THE BRONX return to 2000trees Festival in 2016 with the tag of being one of the best bands the festival has ever had. It may well be 3 years since the release of their last studio album (as The Bronx, and not Mariachi El Bronx), but through constant touring, festival appearances and support tours, the band have managed to stay the course as one of the most exciting and most in demand punk bands on the planet. Viva la Bronx!!!!
The brilliant LONELY THE BRAVE will be gracing 2000trees Festival this year and are currently readying the release of their brand new, upcoming second album ‘Things Will Matter’, coming May 20th on Hassle Records. The band also have HUGE new single ‘Radar’ out now (already an Annie Mac Radio 1 ‘Hottest Record’) and will be following their winter 2015 UK/European tour with Black Peaks with some April and May headline shows, as well as more live dates coming up throughout the rest of the year.
Following the release of recent, brand new album ‘Promise Everything’ (which is surely ALREADY a contender for album of 2016), BASEMENT head off on a huge US headline tour in the next couple of months with Turnstile and Defeater in tow, before coming back here for the summer and playing festivals across Europe including a very much anticipated debut at 2000trees Festival.
Riding a wave of unbelievably ace reviews (including a 5/5 from Kerrang! Magazine), HECK return to 2000trees Festival with newly released debut album ‘Instructions’ (released March 11th through NPAG INDUSTRIES) under their belts. “2000trees Festival was one of our best shows of 2014. And now they’re ruddy having us back. Crafty badgers.” Matt Reynolds – Vocals/Guitar
ALSO joining the line up will be Dutch rock masters JOHN COFFEY, UK goth rockers DEAD!, the brilliant TERRIBLE LOVE, super cool rockers BLACK HONEY, fast rising 3 piece PRESS TO MECO, anthemic wonderment from THE GHOST RIDERS IN THE SKY and BELLEVUE DAYS and the now solo JIM LOCKEY.
SOME MORE INFO ON 2000trees Festival
– Beautiful site in the rolling Cotswold Hills
– Set across 9 onsite stages, including hidden away tents, stages and a stunningly set acoustic stage within a forest
– Silent disco from 11pm to 3am on two onsite stages
– Thursday night early entry night for super-fans (includes returning artists playing the Cave, Axiom & Forest plus comedy on the New Stage)
– VIP tickets offering boutique luxury camping, backstage access, watch a band of choice from side of stage, VIP bar to bump into artists
– Great high quality food traders and bars serving local craft drinks
– Great range of market street traders featuring products from around the globe
– HUGE games & entertainment area, onsite
– Family camping (plus children’s activities)
– Winner of the “Grass Roots Festival” award at the
UK Festival Awards 2010 & 2013
– Winner of the “Supporter of Emerging Talent” award at the Association of Independent Festivals Awards 2014
-Winner ‘A Greener Festival Award’
– Nominated for Best Small Festival 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 at the UK Festival Awards
– Finalist to win four awards at this winter’s UK Festival Awards in London
PREVIOUS ACTS/BANDS FROM 2000trees Festival:
– Frank Turner (2007) / Future of the Left (2008)
– Wild Beasts (2009)
– Twin Atlantic (2010) / Bombay Bicycle Club (2010) / Metronomy (2010)
– Pulled Apart By Horses (2010) / And So I Watch You From Afar (2010)
– The Xcerts (2010)
– George Ezra (2012) / Marmozets (2012) / Lucy Rose (2012)
– Luke Sital-Singh (2012)
– Slaves (2014) / Wolf Alice (2014) / Lonely the Brave (2014)
– Nothing But Thieves (2015)
AND – Alkaline Trio, Deaf Havana, Idlewild, Frightened Rabbit, Blood Red Shoes, The Bronx, Hundred Reasons, Band of Skulls, Young Guns, The Skints, Bury Tomorrow, Public Service Broadcasting, Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Gallows, Lower than Atlantis and MANY more
“A magnificent weekend” – Rocksound Magazine
“Top 10 small festivals” – The Guardian
“Diverse, intense, challenging, and down-right incredible music… truly extraordinary, long may it continue” – The Independent
THE KING BLUES
LONELY THE BRAVE