November 2015 UK Tour
Performing Debut Album ‘The Lexicon of Love’ In Its Entirety
With the Southbank Sinfonia Orchestra
Conducted by Anne Dudley
‘His baritone as suave as his three piece suit…. He [Martin Fry] still has a mean falsetto, still finishes each line with that debonair flourish.’ **** The Times
“Lavish, intricate, spirited and funky” ***** The Daily Telegraph
Following a series of shows acclaimed by critics and fans alike, ABC will return to the live arena once again with the Southbank Sinfonia Orchestra and conductor Anne Dudley for five very special shows performing the classic debut album ‘The Lexicon of Love’.
‘The Lexicon Of Love’ was first released in 1982 and went straight to number one. Fusing dance floor finesse with a post-punk attitude, the album spawned timeless tracks such ‘Poison Arrow’, ‘The Look Of Love’ ‘Tears Are Not Enough’, and ‘All Of My Heart’. The album saw ABC enchant the world with their own unique brand of pop and remains one of the best albums of all time.
Martin Fry’s combination of sly northern wit and subversive intelligence, pop flamboyance and rock swagger, gold lame and lyrics that deal with treachery make this album still as contemporary as it was in the beginning.
With Worldwide hits and seven studio albums later; ABC continue to tour extensively throughout the world. These new shows follow the resounding success and critical praise of ABC’s first performance of the album with an orchestra at The Royal Albert Hall in 2009 and a recent tour which included a sold out show at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane in March 2014.
ABC will be playing all their greatest hits before performing ‘The Lexicon of Love’ in its entirety at the following venues:
Wednesday 04 November 2015 LIVERPOOL PHILHARMONIC HALL
Thursday 05 November2015 GLASGOW ROYAL CONCERT HALL
Friday 06 November 2015 SHEFFIELD CITY HALL
Sunday 08 November 2015 LONDON THEATRE ROYAL DRURY LANE
Monday 09 November 2015 BIRMINGHAM SYMPHONY HALL
TICKETS ON SALE 9AM FRIDAY 27 FEBRUARY
24hr CC Hotline: 0844 811 0051 or buy online: www.gigsandtours.com
Reviews of ABC performing ‘The Lexicon of Love’:
- “The material has aged spectacularly well, as timeless art does” **** The Guardian
- “It might bankrupt them but ABC should always perform with an orchestra.” Daily Star
- “Still as …suave as when ABC first topped the charts three decades ago” The Times
- “Fry still brings his hit singles to life” 4/5 The Independent,
- “Hands down, the gig of year so far” ***** The Daily Telegraph
Reviews of the album ‘The Lexicon of Love’
- “As fresh as yesterday, tomorrow – or a dream” Word
- “The Lexicon Of Love is a record that should be reissued every year” Uncut
- “sumptuous piece de résistance from 1982, shot through with the post-modern sense of pop music being used to comment on pop music “ Mojo