BACK ON THE PISTE!
ALTITUDE FESTIVAL RETURNS FOR 2015
Bill Bailey | Sean Lock
The Boy with Tape on his Face | Marcus Brigstocke | Andrew Maxwell
Gina Yashere | Michael Mittermeier | Simon Evans | Abandoman
Zoe Lyons | Daniel Sloss | Rob Beckett | Craig Campbell | Andy Askins Joel Dommett | Jamali Maddix | Sofie Hagen | Dan Nightingale Paul Myrehaug | Wayne Deakin | Kai Humphries
+ More To Be Announced
The International Impro Allstars (Mon, Weds, Fri)
Altitude’s Stars of The Future (Tues)
Abandoman – 1 hour show (Thurs)
The Late Late Show & Miss Behaves Game Show + More To Be Announced
Hurtling headlong down the slopes, Altitude Comedy Festival returns to the chocolate box surrounds of Mayrhofen, Austria from 23rd-27th March, taking a cavalcade of clowns out on the piste. Featuring the world’s top comedians and the most exciting new acts splitting sides worldwide, all up-close and personal, Altitude is a unique chance to catch the very biggest names in some of Europe’s most charming and intimate venues.
Altitude Curator Andrew Maxwell said: “Every year when we start putting our line-up together, I pull out my trusty little black boot of clowns and maniacs and go straight to B for Bailey, and finally, after all these years, he’s said yes! Bill Bailey at Altitude. COME ON! Add to that the genius of Sean Lock and you’re already well on the way to a legendary year. I couldn’t be more excited. But we’ve got loads more, like The Boy with Tape on his Face, Simon Evans, Miss Behave’s Gameshow, plus after missing last year, Abandoman are definitely back this year, and of course our favourite German Michael Mittermeier. Not forgetting Gina Yashere, who, rumour has it, is one of the greatest boarders to ever have lived… I’ll see you on the slopes ”.
Buffing the old lederhosen for what is destined to be a vintage year, Altitude 2015 will be headlined by the amazing Bill Bailey! A musical absurdist with a fine line in gobsmacking surrealism, Bill is already approaching national treasure status, with his joyous flights of fancy endearing him to just about everybody. From his stint as team captain on Never Mind the Buzzcocks and regular appearances on a host of panel shows such as QI to Have I Got News For You and beyond, Bill is nothing short of a genius and his appearance at Altitude can only be described in one word; unmissable.
Bill Bailey on Death Metal
Stand up extraordinaire, erstwhile Bill Bailey comedy partner and 8 Out Of 10 Cats team captain, Sean Lock is coming too! Sublimely sardonic and razor sharp, Lock has dominated TV in the past decade. He’s one of the finest comedians out there, and we can’t wait to see him throwing it down against the picturesque Tyrolean backdrop.
Sean Lock on Necessary Swearing – Live at the Apollo – BBC
But of course, that’s not all. Altitude 2015 will present the cream of the comic scene to help puff up your strudels throughout the week, including an indescribably fantastic show from The Boy with Tape on his Face, who you may have seen on the Royal Variety Performance, or starring in BBC Three’s Comedy at the Fringe Live. And we’re excited to announce that Altitude’s founders, Marcus Brigstocke (who couldn’t join us last year after shattering his knee on Channel 4 Ski Show, ‘The Jump’) and Andrew Maxwell (will he lose the lederhosen even once this year?) are back together with us again!
Sloping onto this year’s line-up is returning German comedy hero Michael Mittermeier, and two Altitude virgins – Mock the Week regular and Bethnal Green’s sassiest lady – Gina Yashere, and Live at the Apollo and Stand Up for the Week funny man Simon Evans. Plus we’re jumping over the hills with joy to report that, after missing last year’s festival, improv-rap black belts Abandoman are back on the bill.
There will be mountainous fun at the ultimate ski holiday come comedy festival fusion with Funny Woman Awards winner and Mock the Week panellist Zoe Lyons, Scottish ingénue Daniel Sloss, I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here NOW’s Rob Beckett, part bear/part Canadian Craig Campbell, and parody perfectionist Andy Askins. Impractical Joker Joel Dommett is joining the fun, too, as is Chortle’s 2014 Student Comedy Award Winner Jamali Maddix, Time Out One to Watch and Chortle Awards 2014 Best Newcomer Sofie Hagen, and Edinburgh Fringe regular and Josie Long’s occasional sparring partner, Dan Nightingale. And if all that’s not enough to knock your ski socks off, we’re also joined by Great Canadian Laugh Off winner Paul Myrehaug, laconic Aussie Wayne Deakin and high-octane, happy-go-lucky Geordie Kai Humphries – and there are even more top peak comedians still to be announced.
Covering all your ski holiday comedy needs, you can begin your evening with our Après-ski shows – featuring off the cuff action from The International Impro Allstars (starring Stephen Frost, Andy Smart, Ian Coppinger + a special guest every show), introducing up and coming comics with Altitude’s Stars of the Future, and presenting a special Abandoman show. After giving in to the giggles at our daily, gargantuan comedy Gala, there’s going to be plenty of buffoonery to take you into the small hours with the Late Late Show and Miss Behave’s Game Show.
So whether you’re a group of friends hitting the slopes by day and looking for fun all night or a canoodling couple on a romantic break, Altitude has got all the entertainment you could ever need within one of Europe’s most reasonably priced resorts.
This year Altitude is very pleased to announce that we have teamed up with the country’s leading independent activity holiday company, Neilson. With more 37 years of holiday experience under their belts, Neilson is committed to providing the best choice of resorts and highest quality service. They are offering packages which include return flights & resort transfers, plus seven nights bed & breakfast accommodation at the Mayrhofen Guesthouses from just £399pp, plus add on the festival wristband for the earlybird price of £155pp. Be quick though as these prices are only around until the 9th of February! Head to www.neilson.co.uk for more information.
And if you like a delightful bit of bit of splendour when it comes to catching the world’s best comedians in our Tyrolean haven, the grab yourself a VIP Altitude Ticket which not only gives you entrance to all Altitude shows, but also a free bottle of wine (or up to four beers) for the Gala shows, reserved seating, meet and greets with the comedians, a chance to compete in the clown hill race, and a splendid Altitude t-shirt. Full details can be found at www.ticketline.co.uk
TICKET INFORMATION: http://www.ticketline.co.uk/altitude-festival#bio
Full Week Festival Wristband – £180.00 (plus booking fee)
Full Week Festival Wristband onsite – £200.00 (no booking fee)
Full Week VIP Festival Wristband – £280.00 (plus booking fee)
VIP Upgrade from Earlybird £120.00
THE VIP WRISTBAND/UPGRADE WILL ENTITLE YOU TO.
Entrance to All Altitude Shows
A Free Bottle of Wine (or up to 4 beers) for the Gala Shows*
Meet and Greet the comedians***
Compete in the Clown Hill Race****
*Please book this with one of the staff at the Altitude HQ on your arrival
** Gala Shows only.
*** VIP’s will be welcome to the Press Launch Monday afternoon
**** During the week we will be having the inaugural Comedian Down Hill Race, VIP will be allowed to take part and race the comedians/clowns.
• “Played #altitude Festival in Mayrhofen Austria last night… incredible bills. Go.” Jimmy Carr
• “What a lovely gig…Thank you to all!!” John Bishop
• “Thanks so much to everyone involved with @AltitudeComedy it’s honestly been one of the highlights of my career. Sad it’s over *CRIES*” Daniel Sloss
• “I had a fucking blast. Cannot wait for next year”. Rufus Hound
• “Well done to everyone involved Altitude Comedy…got a good thing going here! Yaldy”. Kevin Bridges
• “Altitude Festival is blinding so far. Seen some unbelievably good comedy – it’s been a pleasure to play. Have to say Mayrhofen is beautiful”. Marcus Brigstocke
• “Massive thanks to all the crew and artist for making it a very special week …roll on next year”. Dub Pistols
• “People, save your pennies for next year’s Altitude Festival, skiing all day and 3 amazing comedy shows each night!”Andy Smart
• “There can be few nicer places to watch comedy than at the Altitude festival” Daily Telegraph
• “Even if you’re useless at it [Skiing or Snowboarding], it’s still worth it for the après” Guardian
• It is not often you get to see an O2 Arena-filling act in a 100-capacity bar, so this was the kind of thing that made the festival special.’ Evening Standard
• “SKIING, comedy, music. Not a bad combination, in anyone’s book. Hence, the fun had at Altitude Festival this year was – by my maths – at least three times better than any mountain break previously taken”. The Sun
• “The perfect holiday for anyone who likes a combination of winter sports and gags…I’m already counting the days to Altitude 2014” Bruce Dessau, Beyond The Joke
• “Altitude Festival keeps the laughter levels flowing long after you dust off your bruised and aching limbs for some well-deserved après-ski and a glass of mulled wine”. Metro
• “Altitude festival is well, well WORTH A LOOK. We recommend it highly”. Maxim
• “We’d happily put up with the combination of aching legs and split sides again next year.“ Whitelines
• “Storming gigs…brilliant intimate sets”. Chortle
• “The one thing to expect from Altitude is the unexpected – an utterly surreal experience”. The Big Issue