YOU CAN TELL I AM HAPPY.
No Seriously. I had to move my car at 8 am and then I went to take this pic at the 7-11
by my house! and then I’m like snap it is my birthday…today is a special day. It is the day I age and say OMG, What am I going to do with my life? I am feeling sad. (sips coffee and eats 2 bananas for $1) I really was feeling sad. Then I’m like yo! I need to cheer up. There are people to help out there. People to love!
I am really happy that I have an outlet to do things on my b day. I thought to myself I should have a sale, since I don’t enjoy not selling all these awesome shirts and cds and vinyl. 18 symbolizes life in Hebrew, so I dropped prices to $18 and for my album it is $8.26, all weekend.
I thought it was clever, so I did it.
people are like WHAT? You did a ted talk? Not really. I did a TedX talk (TED TALKS lil bro knda) in Poland. Lots of people are laughing at me because hey thought the Polish people didn’t know English, but I think they all did. Drop a comment on the youtube!! It engages us more.
10 things Im grateful For!
1. That I am clean off drugs and drinks for 12 years so I can send out awesome emails like this to people
2. That I have been sticking to my diet and workout plan even with my birhhday!
3. That I am feeling younger than ever even as I get older!
4. That my former roommate who was once a broke cab driver is now making hundreds of thousands of dollars doing what he loves!!
5. That I am making a new EP already with a producer who has done everyone from Kesha to Kanye West and Matisyahu, and my current LP is crushing it!
6. That I got to tour and play for thousands of people with Matisyahu all summer long, and watch Sean Paul play in Germany :)!!
7. That by street performing, I have made so many new friends and pals from humbling myself
8. That people reach out to me to get help for their friends with drug addiction 🙂 LIke who would think I can help people in such disarray but not only do I rap for people I can help save their lives and people have trust me as an expert in the field of getting clean in a dark world.
9. That so many people I never thought would call me up would do so. I am grateful for the phone. It is way cooler than the email and facebook love. Call someone if you haven’t it means a lt.
10. Instead of asking for stuff to be done for my birthday, I still think to check in with other people and help others. Best way to spend a time celebrating life. Helping others. (woah that’s deep kosh)
*11 (extra credit) some awesome people from Russian hit me up to license music from like 5 years ago. Dos Vidanya!
Upcoming Shows and Speaking!!
Aug 30 San Francisco Giants Jewish Heritage Night @ AT & T Park San Francisco, CA
Sep 3 Private Bat Mitzvah San Francisco, CA
Sept 5 The Mint Los Angeles, CA
Sep 14 Old Dominion University Virginia Beach, VA
Sep 17 Paul’s Tavern Belmar, NJ
Sep 24 Saint Rocke w/ Mickey Avalon Hermosa beach, CA
Oct 6 University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI
Oct 28 Heidelburg University Tiffin, Ohio
Dec 6 ADL Gala @ The Beverly Hilton Los Angeles, CA
PS. Rza’s new project is out called Banks and Steele and Matisyahu is on a East Coast tour!!
PSS. Let me know if you wanna hang out at FYF Fest!! I’ll be there!!