Billy Bibby & The Wry Smiles
Share Song & Video, Look Back on 2016
and Forward to 2017
Llandudno, North Wales, 14 December 2016 – Billy Bibby & The Wry Smiles are pleased to share the video of a new acoustic song, ‘Mona Lisa‘.
The video is set in the countryside around Llandudno, North Wales, which Billy Bibby has called home since the age of eight.
“‘Mona Lisa'” Bibby explains, “is basically about needing to get somewhere in life or to be with someone so much when you have a barrier to overcome that it almost becomes a priceless necessity and you’ll do whatever you can to achieve those aspirations. I used the name Mona Lisa because of the famous painting – it’s comparative to wanting something of great desire and worth to you.”
2016 has indeed been a year of achievements for Billy Bibby & The Wry Smiles with:
– 70 gigs in 40 UK cities
– 10 festivals
– 13 original songs in their live repertoire
– The release of a debut EP Bide Your Time and a follow-up single ‘Are You Ready?’
– Horizons/BBC Radio Wales Launchpad fund win for new music development
– Launch of www.billybibby.com
– Coverage and/or radio play in over 100 media outlets in the UK and abroad including BBC Introducing, Radio X, Amazing Radio, Virgin Radio, Voice FM, NME, Manchester Life, Manchester Evening News, Yorkshire Evening Post, Plymouth Herald, NW Evening Mail, Daily Post North Wales, Edinburgh All Access, Unsigned Music Awards, Scottish Sun, BMI Music Monday, Clint Boon’s Storytime and Set2Go Podcasts, BestNewBands.com, XSNoize.com, and many more!
Billy Bibby, Rob Jones (lead guitar), Matt Bassy (bass), and Mike Pearce (drums) look forward to 2017, a year that promises more new music releases and numerous gigs & festivals. Billy Bibby & The Wry Smiles calendar is filling fast with gigs for 2017, the first three of which are listed below. Please see contact details at the end of this email if you’d like to attend
26 January – Hertford – Dog & Whistle
27 January – London – Tunnel 267
28 January – Bournemouth – The Anvil
To each and every one of you in the media who have taken the time to listen to our new releases, review our music or a live show, play a track on the radio, take photos, or interview the band, we wish to express our deepest gratitude. Thank you very much for your ongoing support. Please stay in touch.
To those of you whom we’ve not yet had the pleasure of meeting, please get in touch. We’d love to start a conversation!