TEN ACTS SET TO ROCK THIS YEAR’S 20th ANNIVERSARY V FESTIVAL
V Festival, sponsored by Virgin Media, is proud to be hosting some of the world’s biggest rockers and rising stars of the moment on its 20th anniversary bill.
With less than two weeks to go, the acts are preparing to tune their guitars and warm up their vocals for the hottest weekend of the summer. For the rock fans among the 150,000 revellers set to attend this year, here’s the top ten must-see rock acts gracing the V Festival stages.
1. Kasabian – The iconic rockers will be headlining the Virgin Media Stage and they never disappoint, you’d be a fool to miss them as it’s likely to be their last UK gig of 2015!
2. Stereophonics – Be the first to hear their new single ‘I Wanna Get Lost With You’ live, and maybe get lost with someone at V Festival.
3. Hozier – He’s the hottest Irish singer on the planet right now and will be performing his breakthrough hit ‘Take Me to Church’ among many others. 2015 has already been a massive year for Hozier, who recently picked up an MTV Video Music Awards nomination.
4. Courteeners – Seven years in and four top ten albums later, the Mancunian four piece recently sold out their landmark show at Heaton Park (selling out 25,000 tickets in 39 minutes) in the same week that saw all four of their albums re-enter the iTunes top 20 album chart.
5. Kodaline – The Dublin rockers just sold out their fourth US and Canadian tour, so catch them this side of the pond whilst you can.
6. The Charlatans – 26 years, 17 top 30 singles and eight top 10 albums, need we say more?
7. Reverend and the Makers – When their hit ‘Heavyweight Champion of the World’ charted it was described as the ‘hottest record in the world today’. Imagine it live.
8. The Kooks – Rumour has it these guys got their first gig because the promoter liked their hats, nearly ten years later it’s safe to say the they have more going for them than just good style.
9. The Coronas – New to the scene, these rockers just landed a featured spot on Apple Music in the ‘Introducing’ section, where new artists show off their music archive.
10. Echo and the Bunnymen – They’ve been in the business for almost 40 years and will be returning to V Festival for a fifth outing because the crowds simply can’t get enough!