Xtra Mile High Club Vol 6: Summer In The City
Featuring new, studio and live tracks from the Xtra Mile Recordings stable
– Out 8 July 2015 –
The next in Xtra Mile Recordings’ annual compilation series is Xtra Mile High Club Vol 6: Summer In The City, out on 8 July 2015. As before, it’s digital download only, for a bargain price, and contains tracks from Xtra Mile and unsigned artists.
Pre-order here: http://smarturl.it/XMHCV6-XMR
The compilation features recent and classic tracks including: a brand new hot-off-the-studio desk track from Will Varley called ‘The Concept Of Freedom’; ‘Glorious You (acoustic)’ by Frank Turner from the Positive Songs For Negative People Deluxe Edition, and previously unreleased songs from Northcote, Billy the Kid and a ferocious ‘Osama Bin Laden as the Crucified Christ’ by Against Me! from their forthcoming new 23 Live Sex Acts live album.
Elsewhere we have a new Mull Historical Society song ‘The Ballad of Ivor Punch’ recorded live from his headline London show in May, plus a crop of some of this year’s best album tracks including ‘Hot Traveler’ from the latest Failurealbum The Heart Is A Monster, the darkly humorous ‘Everglades’ by PJ Bondfrom Where Were You?, the touching Woman To Woman highlight ‘Wildflower’ by Esmé Patterson, the infectious ‘Friends’ by To Kill A King and articulate self-analysis on ‘Lost’ from Dan Andriano’s second album Party Adjacent. We’ve also crammed on recent non-album single ‘Positive I’m An Optimist’ from Rob Lynch and the outdoor romanticist worldview of Beans On Toast on ‘Stinging Nettles’.
This gorgeous feast of aural exhilaration is polished off with some real classics including a track from Mineral’s small but sublime back catalogue, and a track each from our second-album vinyl reissues by Million Dead and Reuben.
That’s not all. Oh no.
After all your love of our choice to include a whole ‘side’ of unsigned bands on XMHC Vol 5: Smokin’, we’ve gathered a bunch of our current unsigned fancies and crammed them alongside our artists too. Among these are ‘Down That Road Again’ from Brighton band The RPMs, who will play our summer party on launch day; ‘Kiss the Misfits’ by the wild and free Felix Hagan and the Family; an unreleased track from PJ Bond’s occasional bandmates — and ace band in their own right — The Lion and the Wolf, and similar gems from Donald Spence,Hyena, and Tim Vantol.
Full tracklisting is:
- Failure – ‘Hot Traveler’
- Million Dead – ‘To Whom It May Concern’
- Skinny Lister – ‘This City’
- To Kill A King – ‘Friends’
- Will Varley – ‘The Concept Of Freedom’
- Esme Patterson – ‘Wildflower’
- Frank Turner – ‘Glorious You’ (acoustic version)
- Dan Andriano in The Emergency Room – ‘Lost’
- Mineral – ‘Parking Lot’ (alternative version)
- Against Me! – ‘Osama Bin Laden As The Crucified Christ’ (Live)
- Reuben – ‘Alpha Signal Three’
- Hyena – ‘Come Down To Hilo’
- Tim Vantol – ‘If We Go Down, We Will Go Together!’
- The RPMs – ‘Down That Road’
- Trapper Schoepp – ‘Tornado Alley’
- Beans On Toast – ‘Stinging Nettles’
- The Lion and The Wolf – ‘Barstools’
- Billy the Kid – ‘Amercian Cities’
- PJ Bond – ‘Everglades’
- Rob Lynch – ‘I’m Positive I’m An Optimist
- Northcote – ‘Invisible Diamonds’
- Mull Historical Society – ‘The Ballad Of Ivor Punch’ (Live)
- Donald Spence – ‘Don’t It Show’
- Felix Hagan & The Family – ‘Kiss The Misfits’
To celebrate the release of Xtra Mile High Club: Vol. 6 come and join us at The Monarch in Camden on 8 July — a night of unrivalled fun, with bands, beach balls and balmy summer cocktails (and/or beer). We have The RPMs, PJ Bond, Will Varley and headliners Skinny Lister.
Tickets are £7 – available here: http://www.monarchbar.com/events/events/8-jul-15-xtra-mile—summer-in-the-city-the-monarch/
To win 2 tickets to the gig plus the compilation for free enter our competition now. Using the hashtag #XMRsummer send us pictures of how you’re making your summer an XMR one – whether its seeing our bands at festivals, or at gigs or you’re just dressed in head to toe XMR merch whilst on a bike ride. However you’re managing to incorporate XMR into your summer fun – we wanna see. The best pictures win! Tag @xtra_mile for Twitter and @xtramilerecordings for Instagram