Yorkshire-born artist YUNGBLUD unveils energetic video for fiery debut single ‘King Charles’
– “Infectiously in-your-face, it’s clear his blend of alternative rock and witty songwriting has been crafted by years of listening to the greats” – WONDERLAND
– “Killer new single ‘King Charles’ absolutely nails this. Out now, it’s a prescient call for young people to raise their voices during this period of political tumult.” – CLASH MAGAZINE
– “Yungblud scores a stone cold banger right out of the gate” – THE LINE OF BEST FIT
– “A unique sound [that] incorporates disco style, danceable beats, rap, rock, reggae and a dose of punk. The live show is the most exciting we saw” – THE SKINNY
– “the urgency of its performance, the infectious bassline, and the soaring backing vocals all make it a track you’ll be hitting repeat on” – CMU
Today (13/6/17) Yorkshire-born artist Yungblud is debuting the video for acclaimed debut single, ‘King Charles’ – a snarling, abrasive debut which commented on how the youth of today are being completely misrepresented – almost forgotten about completely. Quite apt for these uncertain political times.
Picking off early support from the likes of CLASH, Wonderland, The Line Of Best Fit, The Skinny, CMU and more – as well as staking his claim as one of the most talked about artists at The Great Escape, Yungblud has made an incredibly impressive start. The new video, released today looks set to cement that reputation.
Watch the video for ‘King Charles’ here
(or by clicking on the player below)
Blending superbly catchy lyrical quips, with explosive pop rock-tinged instrumentation, ‘King Charles’ is a massively confident, and finely executed first offering.
Yungblud, aka 19 year old Dominic Harrison has been surrounded by music all his life. Born and raised in a family in love with music; Harrison’s father was a vintage guitar dealer and his grandfather played with T-Rex in the 70s. Young Dominic was destined to follow in their footsteps.
Spoon fed music like The Clash, The Beatles, and Bob Dylan since birth – he’s been playing guitar and singing since he can remember. Now, after carefully honing his craft for the past couple of years Dom feels ready to finally make his voice be heard.
Yungblud has created his own blend of alternative rock: poetry, guitar-hooks and break-beats with a fierce determination to make a dent in pop-culture.
Despite his teenage years, Dom’s lyrics are zeitgeisty, punchy and full of passion for the struggle of his own generation: “At the minute I feel like young people are not being listened to, so music is how I can express my opinions and create change. If we fight, we win.”
Quickly becoming renowned for his explosive, captivating live performances – 2017 has already seen him perform numerous shows across the country, including sets at Jack Saunders’ (Radio X) monthly club night, an appearance at Communion’s monthly Notting Hill Arts Club night, as well as acclaimed performances at The Great Escape Festival and Camden Rocks.
Not one to rest on his laurels, Yungblud will play another run of shows moving swiftly into a busy festival schedule over the Summer – with plans to release more music over the next 6 months. The future looks bright for Yungblud.
2, Metropolis Festival, Rotterdam
24, School Night, LA
31, Shipping Forecast, Liverpool
19, Lowlands, Netherlands
30, Tenement Trail, Glasgow
7, Neighbourhood Festival, Liverpool