2016 She Rocks Awards Performance Lineup Announced
Nita Strauss, Malina Moye, The Command Sisters and Jenna Paone join awards honorees Jennifer Batten, Karmin, Raining Jane and more for an evening of performances, celebration and surprises
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 6, 2016) – The Women’s International Music Network (WiMN) is excited to announce the musical lineup for the 2016 She Rocks Awards, taking place Fri., Jan. 22, 2016, from 7 – 9 p.m. at the Anaheim Hilton Hotel in Anaheim, Calif., during the 2016 Winter NAMM show. Tickets available at www.sherocksawards.com.
Featuring WiMN Founder Laura B. Whitmore and acclaimed guitarist Nita Strauss (Alice Cooper, Iron Maidens), as co-hosts, the 2016 She Rocks Awards celebration will pay tribute to trailblazing women in music and will include performances by:
- Jennifer Batten, (Michael Jackson, Jeff Beck) acclaimed guitarist and Awards honoree
- Chart-topping pop duo Karmin, including Awards honoree Amy Heidemann
- Raining Jane, touring and recording band for Jason Mraz, including awards honorees Becky Gebhardt and Mona Tavakoli
- Malina Moye, acclaimed lefty guitarist and 2014 She Rocks Awards honoree
- Nita Strauss, (Alice Cooper, Iron Maidens) co-host for this year’s Awards
- The Command Sisters, talented Canadian singer/songwriter duet
- Plus the house band Rock Sugah, comprised of Divinity Roxx (Beyoncé) on bass, Kat Dyson (Prince, Sting) on guitar, Benita Lewis (Chaka Khan) on drums, and Lynette Williams (Childish Gambino, CeeLo Green) on keyboard.
Named one of Billboard’s “7 must-see events at NAMM,” the fourth annual She Rocks Awards offer performances and surprises, food and beverages, giveaways, a silent auction, networking opportunities, and more. The event brings together industry professionals, music icons, artists, fans, and media to celebrate women in music. A portion of the proceeds of the event will go to benefit the Girls Rock Camp Alliance and the NAMM Foundation.
This year’s honorees include: Jennifer Batten, Chaka Khan, Amy Heidemann, Becky Gebhardt and Mona Tavakoli (Rock Camp for Girls L.A. and Raining Jane), Chalise Zolezzi (Taylor Guitars), Mary Luehrsen (NAMM), Crystal Morris (Gator Cases), Mindy Abovitz (Tom Tom Magazine), Cathy Carter Duncan (Seymour Duncan), Leigh Maples and Pamela Cole (Fanny’s House of Music), Leslie Ann Jones (Skywalker Sound), and Sujata Murthy (Universal Music).
This event will take place Fri., Jan. 22, 2016, from 7 – 9 p.m. at the Anaheim Hilton Hotel in Anaheim, Calif., during the 2016 Winter NAMM show. Tickets are available atsherocksawards.com. The She Rocks Awards have sold out for the past three years, and a NAMM badge is not required to attend.
The 2016 She Rocks Awards is sponsored by Martin Guitar, Seymour Duncan, Roland, Boss, Gretsch, Avid, Taylor Guitars, Zildjian, Guitar Center, D’Addario, Fish
man, Berklee College of Music, Tech 21, PRS Guitars, 108 Rock Star Guitars, Korg USA, Volume & Tone, Casio, Ear Trumpet Labs, Merch Cat, John Page Classic Guitars, West Coast Pedalboards, and Recording King, with additional support from these media partners: Tom Tom Magazine, Guitar Girl Magazine, Music-News.com,Guitar World, Guitar Player, Keyboard, Bass Player, Electronic Musician, Music Inc., Making Music, International Musician, Premier Guitar, LAWIM, Rock N Roll Industries, and more. For information regarding She Rocks Awards sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.