METALLICA’S GARAGE DAYS RE-REVISITED OUT TODAY
Remastered Version Of Long
Out-Of-Print The $5.98 EP – Garage Days Re-Revisited
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – April 13, 2018 – Nearly three decades after going out of print, Metallica today releases a remastered version of The $5.98 EP – Garage Days Re-Revisited as part of their ongoing remasters series via their own Blackened Recordings label. Visit www.metallica.com to see all formats available for purchase.
Originally released over 30 years ago on August 21,1987, the collection features the band covering songs by early Metallica influencers such as Diamond Head, Holocaust, Killing Joke, Budgie, and The Misfits. The five songs from the EP were later included as a part of the 1998 multi-platinum release Garage, Inc., but the band felt it was time to bring it back in the original formats!
The $5.98 EP – Garage Days Re-Revisited was remastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering in Hollywood, CA.
The EP is available in the following formats:
● Black 180g LP
● Cassette (LIMITED EDITION)
● Lenticular Longbox (LIMITED EDITION)
● Streaming & Download
● Picture Disc (Metallica.com Exclusive – LIMITED EDITION)
● Red-Orange 180g LP (Metallica.Com and Indie Retail Exclusive – LIMITED EDITION)
1. Helpless (originally released by Diamond Head)
2. The Small Hours (originally released by Holocaust)
3. The Wait (originally released by Killing Joke)
4. Crash Course in Brain Surgery (originally released by Budgie)
5. Last Caress/Green Hell (originally released by The Misfits)
In honor of the re-release of “The $5.98 EP – Garage Days Re-Revisited”, James Hetfield shares a story about another garage – the Carlson Garage where Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets were written. James used some of the wood from the old Carlson Garage to build himself a new guitar. Watch him tell the story of how “Carl” came to be…